Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Listening and following

I find it utterly exciting when I see evidence of others 'listening and following', too.  It's what I've worked on doing for some time now.  Listening to the unspoken 'Voice', and following those instructions seems to work out for the best.  Good happens.  Yesterday I felt prompted to go to Physical Therapy in the morning.  I've always gone in the afternoon before, but it felt important to go in the morning.  So I did.  I got on one of the treadmills, and one of the Therapists put another woman on the treadmill next to me.  For some reason, it felt important to have certain conversations with her, and I asked some questions and made some statements that seemed important to make to her.  She seemed to appreciate our conversation.  Afterward, she told me that the things I'd told her had really made a difference for her.  She even said she'd been wishing someone would talk to her about just the things I talked to her about.  Hmmm.  I got to be the voice of a much larger 'Voice'.  Very cool.

The Physical Therapist overheard what the woman said to me, and later pulled me aside to tell me, "I felt strongly prompted to put her onto the treadmill next to you.  That was just where she seemed to need to go.  Now I know why."

Listening and following.

2 comments:

Sterling said...

Gwyn, I have been in the right place at the right time, when someone comes along and you speak the right words to them.

I think that God arranges those encounters. And that helps them and we feel good that we got to help....... :-)

Sterling

McGwyneth said...

We are the 'hands and feet' of a Higher Source more often than we know.
--G

Post a Comment

 

Sample text