Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Tomatoes and one lone cucumber

Dorie took me to the Garden today, to see if there were enough tomatoes to can a few jars.  I think we found enough.  I'm pretty sure Dorie and Marcia will be doing the canning.  I'm just not up to it yet.

I walked the Garden paths slowly with cane in hand, and only got one foot tangled in a vine. Thankfully, I was able to get it out myself, and it wasn't hard.  Dorie had to keep following me around with a chair so I could sit down though.  I was a bit embarrassed about that.  I'm used to racing through, doing my garden duties, and leaving everybody else in the dust - At least it used to be like that -  when I was feeling more well.  That's been awhile, I must admit.  But last week I couldn't have done what I did today.  I have to remember that.  Progress is happening.

It was fun to emply out my pockets when I got home of one lemon cucumber, and handfuls of little, sweet yellow, and red, tomatoes.  Yum!  I was so tired though, I had to rest a few hours before I could even talk.  That's saying something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text