Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wellness Formula, garlic, lemon, onion - and lots of water!

All my favorite cold remedies.  I woke up this morning with the symptoms of having a fresh cold.  Really bad timing.  Wellness Formula (by Source Naturals) usually kicks any bugs that have come knocking at my door, so I'm counting on it to do it's job now.  I've also got a pitcher of fresh lemon water, fresh garlic, Vit. C, and a few other things.  I'm even considering peeling and eating a raw onion.  That was my Dad's favorite cold remedy and prevention tactic.

I can remember when I was a little girl, ssometimes my Dad would take me to his office at California Casualty Insurance where he was an insurance agent.  Whenever he felt like he might be coming down with a cold, he would sit at his desk and eat raw onions and whole lemons.  As I recall, he mentioned to me that he didn't have any clients come in personally to see him in his office during those times.  He'd just talk to people on the phone to spare them the bad breath.  His poor office-mates didn't benefit from the same favor though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best in your health adventure. I was very touched by your story of how you rescued Lacy and how in turn she rescued you. I am fascinated by how what's happening around us is often so symbolic of what is happening inside us.

Holding good thoughts for you and for your speedy recovery.

Josh

AceofSpace said...

Gwyn
It is a very good thing that you love onions and garlic as much as you do : D

I grew up with onion cough syrup and mustard plasters for chest colds, and lots of fresh water, those remedies are still the best !

Great good wishes for the cold to vacate swiftly.

Love to you my friend
-Stace

Post a Comment

 

Sample text