Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Priorities

I followed my 'to-do-' lists today, along with all the notes I'd made about 'what to do when'.  And I found out that writing it down is not the same as being able to get it done.  I worked all day and only had two things left to cook ahead.  I grabbed something to eat for dinner and sat down on the couch to rest while I ate.  That did it.  I found myself eating more and more slowly, drank 1/2 my glass of water, and closed my eyes 'just for a minute'.  Oops.  I woke up quite awhile later with a kink in my neck, and a loss of a sense of time and place.  It took me a few minutes to get oriented again.  I must have been really tired.

The decision was made.  I guess both those new recipes- the 'Spicy Cranberry Chutney', and the 'Green Tomato and Apple Pie'- will wait to be made after Thanksgiving is over, not before.  Priorities.  Trying to squeeze them in tomorrow won't work.  If I'm going to get in my Physical Therapy tomorrow, I can't take any more time to cook.

I am proud of myself that I got as much done as I did.  I can see that I need to learn better balance between what I want to do, and what's best for me to do though.  I'm actually glad my body just gave up on me, so I wouldn't 'push through it' and over-tax myself.  I've done that in the past, and I've found I always pay the price later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text